- We collect information from visitors using online forms that can be found on various pages of our digital properties
- We collect your details when you contact us with an enquiry
- In addition to the above, we collect information automatically about your visit to our digital properties. Please see our Cookies Policy for more details
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected for the purposes of:
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests
- Providing and personalising our services
- Providing information to you about products and services when appropriate, where you have given us permission, or we believe there is a legitimate interest to do so
We process anonymised data to better understand our current and future offerings and to enable us to improve our service.
General Data Protection Rights
When you supply personal information to Financial Claims Advice Ltd, We have a legal obligation to you in how we protect and use that information. We must, for example, tell you when we are collecting such data and why, and if we intend to pass this information on to a third party. You must give us your permission if you wish us to pass your details on to a third-party partner.
We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. When an account is finished, all personally identifiable data collected will be deleted or anonymised, as required by applicable law.
Subject access requests
You have the right to see what personal identifiable data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at The Data Controller, Financial Claims Advice Ltd, 340A Manchester Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, WA14 5NH or email us on [email protected]
Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
You have the right for your personally identifiable data to be erased from our servers when requested for the following reasons:
- We are processing your personal data for marketing purposes only
- It is no longer necessary to keep your data for the services we have provided
- Your objections legitimately over-ride our reasons for keeping your data
- We have a legal obligation for doing so
We may not delete your personally identifiable data if:
- We have a legal obligation to continue to keep your data
- We have a legitimate interest in continuing to keep your data as part of our service to you
These reasons are not exhaustive. Should we believe your request is not valid, we will contact you with our reasons as to why. You then have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to report your concern.
To request to have your personal identifiable data erased, please email [email protected] all 08448770767 or write to us at The Data Controller, Financial Claims Advice Ltd, 340A Manchester Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, WA14 5NH.
There is no charge in having your personally identifiable data deleted from our servers and will be undertaken within 1 calendar month of the initial request we agree to do so.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Financial Claims Advice Ltd will only send personally identifiable information about you to other organisations when we have your consent to provide the information or service you have requested, or if we are required to by law. Third parties include:
- Financial institutions with whom you have a complaint
- Financial partners providing named services
- Ombudsman Services as part of our service delivery to you
- Regulatory bodies under our legal requirement in law to provide such data
- Contracted document collection services
We keep your Personal Identifiable data securely via our own dedicated servers. We use a number of third party suppliers (known as “data processors”) to administer your account. Your personal data is not shared with these vendors.
- Customer Relationship Management systems to administer your account
- Email Service providers & other communication platforms to contact you regarding your account
- Printing organisations to print the personalised information pack
- Courier partners to send you information packs
- Social media platforms for the basis of digital marketing and advertising
For our clients, a full list is available upon request. Please email [email protected] or call 08448770767
Financial Claims Advice Ltd does not sell customer data to third-parties.
Marketing preferences and Data Capture Information
Please note that your information may be used to send you details of products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you.
If at any point you would like to update your communication preferences with us, this can be done quickly and easily by contacting us by [email protected] or call 08448770767. Please note, changes may take up to 48 hours to filter across all our systems.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser.
Last updated and reviewed in June 2018.